Location: Arlington , United States
Live Wire Media Relations, a strategic public relations firm headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, seeks a public relations/media relations fellow who is eager to demonstrate his/her skills and gain experience working in a professional PR firm.
This position will entail supporting senior level PR professionals with the fundamentals of public relations including the following:
- Provide administrative and organizational support
- Draft PR collateral materials, including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets and backgrounders, etc.
- Create and maintain media lists and editorial calendars
- Posses an advanced understanding of various social media platforms and their corresponding levels of impact
- Help develop and cultivate a robust social media presence for both Live Wire and its clients
- Conduct research and coordinating editorial opportunities
- Assemble and distribute press kits
- Pitch to media members and organizations to secure positive news coverage on behalf of agency’s clients
- Monitor news coverage and generate reporting documents in order to calculate ROI on behalf of clients
This is truly a great opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge and understanding of the world of PR at a small, boutique firm where you will have the chance to work on a wide variety of exciting projects.
Live Wire Fellows will be paid $1,000 a month, and will be presented with a pathway to earn full-time employment at Live Wire.
Your responsibilities will include all facets of media relations account management, and execution. Specifically, you are responsible for:
- Fellowship applicants must be college graduates able to commit to a full-time work schedule of 8am-5pm M-F
- College education experience in public relations, communications, marketing, or journalism is preferred
- Resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Strong researching skills as well as a command of social media platforms and trends
- Prior PR internship experience a plus
Applicants should submit resume and cover letter to:
Live Wire Media Relations, LLC
2800 Shirlington Rd. Suite 401
Arlington, VA 22206
W: 703-519-1600 X 103